Sandusky County Auditor
Telephone: (419) 334-6123
Fax: (419) 334-6139
Office Hours: 8:00AM to 4:30PM, Monday through Friday
Elected Official: Jerri Miller
Email: [email protected]
Duties & Responsibilities of the Sandusky County Auditor:
The County Auditor is responsible for a myriad of duties across all levels of County Government. Although the Auditor is best known for the roll of tax assessor, that is but one of the many functions of the office. Listed below are the many diverse duties of the County Auditor.
- Presides as the Chief Fiscal Officer in the county.
- Ensures fair and unbiased appraisals of real estate within the county for the purpose of taxation.
- Assesses property taxes.
- Oversees the taxation of personal property and manufactured housing.
- Manages property tax rollback and homestead exemptions.
- Promotes consumer protection through the regulation of weights and measures.
- Provides county residents with dog licenses, vendor's licenses, and cigarette licenses.
- Functions as a primary member of the Budget Commission.
- Participates as Secretary on the Board of Revision.
- Governs as Chairman of the Tax Incentive Review Council.